Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Autism ~ Aspergers Syndrome






Asperger's syndrome is a developmental disorder that affects a
persons ability to socialize and communicate effectively with others.
People with Asperger's syndrome typically exhibit social awkwardness
and an all-absorbing interest in specific topics.

Conservative estimates indicate that two out of every 10,000 children
have Asperger's, and boys are three to four times as likely as
girls to have the disorder.
While there is no cure for Asperger's syndrome,
treatment can help children learn
how to interact more successfully with their peers.






Today, I dedicate my blog to a girl named Kathy. Or better known as 'Aspiegirl'. She has Aspergers Syndrome. I learned about her, and Autism by being a Clay Aiken fan, and BAF.

Aspiegirl makes the most incredible videos, which are very unique. I think she 'normally' lives *outside the box*, and her videos are done in that manner.
They make you think, and help you to see the world through the eyes of an autistic point of view. It seems I can't get enough of her videos.
When OMWH was released, and I listened to 'The Real Me', I thought of Aspiegirl, and what fantastic videos she could conceive with that song.
Lo and Behold, I found out she has done 2 videos already.
So, today.... this blog is for you *Aspiegirl*.Thank You, from my heart to yours!!

As Long As We're Here........Aspiegirl







The Real Me....................Aspiegirl



A VIDEO RESPONSE TO ASPIEGIRLS VIDEO TALENTS


Autism Speaks......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW. Thank you so much Marti. I cried when I read your blog. If not for the support of many Clay fans none of my videos would have ever been made. Thank you for teaching me the "real" meaning of inclusion and acceptance of others. Thanks to all of you I no longer live so isolated from others.

((HUGS))

Aspiegirl

Anonymous said...

These videos are amazing! So deeply felt and artistically created. They are beautiful.